As a strapping young gentleman, I like to bodybuild and so should you. Pick-up lines not working? Not being able to attract the woman of your dreams? Start yourself on a weight training regiment, and this article will explain how to do it most cash efficiently.
As a member of a University, you have access to a gym. At my university there were actually two different gyms and both of them were well equipped with work out machines. During my freshman year I really started to work out heavily. Here are my tips for building muscle mass without spending a lot of money.
1) Try to find housing that has a workout center – If you’re living off campus like I am and you want to work out a lot, then you should plan on getting an apartment that has their own in-house workout center. This is more of a convenience thing than anything else. If you aren’t in close proximity to a gym its harder to get your butt out of bed and go to the gym. Constant working out is necessary to achieve higher muscle mass, and by wasting days without working out, then you’re just hurting your gains.
2) Eat Tuna – Tuna is one of the cheapest ways to get your protein needs without hurting your wallet. The only problem with Tuna is its high mercury content which has long-term health effects. I recommend only eating tuna pre-workout 3-4 times a week. Finish a can of Starkist Tuna maybe two hours before your work out.
3) Use a creatine powder – Go to bodybuilding.com and get yourself on a creatine plan. Creatine is a very cheap supplement that is pretty much necessary for any bodybuilder. Don’t waste your money on so-called “advanced” supplements. Creatine is what you need to get results faster, meaning spending less money in the long run.
4) Use Wal-Mart brand protein powder – Protein powder is important, but the brand really isn’t that important. Take a look at the Wal-Mart brand protein powder called “Body Fortress.” A lot of protein for pretty cheap, and it tastes fairly good as well.
5) Lay off unhealthy snacks – Eating unhealthy snacks is not only taking money out of your wallet, but also making you work harder in the gym to achieve those washboard abs. Try going for protein bars, peanuts, or trail mix if you desperately need some snackage.
6) Cook your own high-protein meals – Meat is pretty inexpensive, but when you go out to restaurants, a steak or some ribs can cost some major moolah. Instead buy the meat and learn to cook it yourself for half the cost.
Also Id like to share the best resource for body building knowledge and that is bodybuilding.com. This is the only place you need to find out how to eat right, work out right, supplement right, and overall body build most efficiently.